A New Fast Method Combining Testing and Gas Exchange Simulations Applied to an Innovative Product Aimed to Increase Low-End Torque on Highly Downsized Engines
- 756 Downloads
In order to reduce fuel consumption and as a consequence CO2 emissions, it is still necessary to downsize combustion engines with the help of turbocharging coupled with down-speeding. Air intake systems still have a major contribution to the performance characteristics seen in such engines.
SchlüsselwörterCombustion engines turbocharging low end torque CO2 reduction innovative products methodology testing simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
-  DZUNG, L., Pressure pulsation at the intake of a supercharged internal combustion engine, Brown Boveri Rev, Vol. 39, pp. 295-305, 1952.Google Scholar
-  RYTI, M., Pulsation in the air intake systems of turbocharged diesel engines, Brown Boveri Rev, Vol. 52 (1-2-3), pp. 190, 1965.Google Scholar
-  AUBIN, S.; PRINCIVALLE, R.; SCHWEIKERT, S.; LEFEVRE, T.; PURWANTO, A., Supercharging System of an Internal Combustion Engine at Low Revolution Regime by Means of a Compressor Driven by an Electric Motor, Strasbourg – Pole Formation / CCI de Strasbourg: SIA, Société des Ingénieurs de l’Automobile, The Spark Ignition Engine of the Future, December 4 & 5, 2013.Google Scholar
-  TAVERNIER, S.; EQUOY, S.; BIWERSI, S., Optimized E-booster applied to a downsized internal combustion engine: design and characterization, Strasbourg – Pole Formation / CCI de Strasbourg: SIA, Société des Ingénieurs de l’Automobile, The Spark Ignition Engine of the Future, December 4 & 5, 2013.Google Scholar
-  KAUFMANN, M.; ARDEY, N.; STÜTZ, W., The New Cornerstones of the BMW Diesel Engine Portfolio, Lissabon: 21st Aachen Colloquium Automobile and Engine Technology, pp.23 -46, 10 October, 2012.Google Scholar
-  WINTERBONE, D.E.; PEARSON, R.J., Theory of Engine Manifold Design: Wave Action Methods for IC Engines, Professional Engineering Publishing, 2000.Google Scholar
-  TAYLOR, J.; GURNEY, D.; FREELAND, P.; DINGELSTADT, R.; STEHLIG, J.; BRUGGESSE, V., Intake Manifold Length Effects on Turbocharged Gasoline Downsizing Engine Performance and Fuel Economy, Detroit, MI: SAE no.2012-01-0714, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0714, 2012.
-  SATO, A.; SUENAGA, K.; NODA, M.; MAEDA, Y., “Advanced boost-up in Hino EP100-II turbocharged and charge-cooled diesel engine,” SAE, no. paper 870298, 198.Google Scholar
-  P. FONTANA and B. HUURDEMAN, A new evaluation method for the thermodynamic behavior of air intake systems, SAE 2005-01-1136, 2005.Google Scholar
-  MEZHER, H.; CHALET, D.; MIGAUD, J.; CHESSE, P.; RAIMBAULT, V., Transfer matrix computation wave action simulation in an internal combustion engine – ASME 2012 11th Biennal Conference on Engineering Systems Design and Analysis, Nantes, France: ESDA2012-82579, 2-4 July 2012.Google Scholar
-  MEZHER, H.; CHALET, D.; MIGAUD, J.; RAIMBAULT, V.; CHESSE, P., Transfer matrix measurements for studying intake wave dynamics applied to charge air coolers with experimental engine validation in the frequency domain and the time domain, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1177/0954407012474630, May 21, 2013.Google Scholar
-  HEYWOOD, J., Internal Combustion Engine Fundementals, MacGraw-Hill, 1988.Google Scholar
-  OSTROWSKI, G.; NEELY, G.; CHADWELL, C.; MEHTA, D.; WETZEL, P., Downspeeding and Supercharging a Diesel Passenger Car for Increased Fuel Economy, SAE no. 2012-01-0704, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0704 , 2012.
-  BUHL, H.; KRATZSCH, M.; GUNTER, M.; PIETROWSKI, H., Potential of variable intake manifolds to reduce CO2 emissions in part load, MTZ Worldwide, Volume 74, Issue 11, pp. 24-29, 2013.Google Scholar