Analysis of Means for building Context-Aware Recommendation System for Mobile Learning
One of the rapidly developing tools for online learning is learning through mobile environment. Therefore, developing and improving of mobile learning environment is an active topic now. One of the ways to make learning environment more accurate to user’s needs is to use his context. Context of user consists of current context in online learning environments and physical context. This paper concentrates on physical context and way to improve user’s experience in learning environment by using it. For this an ontology-based system is presented and Learning Context ontology was extended for user context ontology. Set of use-case scenarios is provided to show situations which will be covered by such approach.
KeywordsContext Context-awareness Adaptive learning Learner-centred learningn Mobile learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anind, D. (2001). Understanding and Using Context. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing 5, 4-7.Google Scholar
- Bauman, K., & Tuzhilin, A. (2014). Recommending Learning Materials to Students by Identifying their Knowledge Gaps. RecSys 2014 Poster Proceedings.Google Scholar
- Bazire, M., & Brézillon, P. (2005). Understanding Context Before Using It. In H. Christiansen, I. Stojanovic & G. A. Papadopoulos (Eds.), Modeling and Using Context. 9th International and Interdisciplinary Conference, CONTEXT 2015, Lanarca, Cyprus, November 2-6,2015. Proceedings (pp. 29-40). Heidelberg: Springer.Google Scholar
- Dublincore. (2017). Dublin Core Metadata Initiative. URL: http://dublincore.org/. Last accessed: 27 May 2017.
- Focus RH. (2017). Les Apps, nouvelle révolution du e-learning? URL: http://www.affen.fr/affencafe/formation/les-apps-nouvelle-revolution-du-e-learning/. Last accessed: 27 May 2017.
- Imsglobal. (2006). IMS Meta-data Best Practice Guide for IEEE 1484.12.1-2002 Standard for Learning Object Metadata. URL: http://www.imsglobal.org/metadata/mdv1p3/imsmd. Last accessed: 27 May 2017.
- IntelLEO – Intelligent Learning Extended Organisation, Deliverable D3.2 IntelLEO Implementation Framework. (2010). URL: http://intelleo.eu/uploads/tx_abdownloads/files/D3.2_ver09_100.pdf. Last accessed: 28 May 2017.
- LOM-FR. (2017). LOM-FR. URL: http://www.lom-fr.fr/. Last accessed: 18 May 2017.
- Madkour, M., Driss, E., & Maach, A. (2013). Context-Aware Service Adaptation: An Approach Based on Fuzzy Sets and Service Composition. Journal of Information Science and Engineering (29), 1-16.Google Scholar
- Schmidt, A., & Winterhalter, C. (2004). User Context Aware Delivery of E-Learning Material: Approach and Architecture. Journal of Universal Computer Science 10(1), 38-46.Google Scholar
- Siadaty, M., Torniai, C., Gasevic, D., Jovanovic, J., Eap, T., & Hatala, M. (2008). m-LOCO: An ontology-based framework for context-aware mobile learning. In Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Ontologies and Semantic Web for Intelligent Educational Systems at 9th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems, (pp. 40-49). Montreal.Google Scholar
- Siemens, G. (2005). Connectivism: Learning as Network-Creation. URL: http://www.elearnspace.org/Articles/networks.htm. Last accessed: 27 May 2017.
- Torniai, C., Gasevic, D., Eap, T., Hatala, M., Jovanovic, J., & Siadaty, M. (2008). m-LOCO: An ontology-based framework for context-aware mobile learning. In Proceedings of the 6th Int. Workshop on Ontologies and Semantic Web for Intelligent Educational Systems at the 9th Int. Conf. on Intelligent Tutoring Systems (21-35). Montreal.Google Scholar
- Wertsch, J., & Sohmer, R. (1995). Vygotsky on Learning and Development. Human Development 38, 332-33.Google Scholar