From security ‘beyond employment’ to security ‘in employment’
Gerhard Bosch has a broad area of research in the field of work and employment, similar to mine and so we have met at many occasions and worked also once together for a longer period on a reader on European labour market institutions. I was always intrigued by the relevance of his work for mine and the similarity of views, although we had also differences.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Auer, Peter (2000): Employment Revival in Europe. International Labour Organization. Geneva.Google Scholar
- Bassanini, Andrea / Duval, Romain (2006): Reassessing the role of Policies and Institutions. In: OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 35.Google Scholar
- Blanchard, Olivier / Tirole, Jean (2003): Redesigning the employment protection system. Tinbergen lecture of October 24, 2003. http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr/61/1/tinbergen_lecture.pdf.
- Blanchard, Olivier / Wolfers, Justin (2000): The role of shocks and Institutions in the rise of European un-employment: the aggregate evidence. In: Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society 110 (462): C1–33.Google Scholar
- Boeri, Tito (2005): Reforming labor and product markets: some lessons from two decades of experiments in Europe. In: IMF working paper 97.Google Scholar
- Bosch, Gerhard (2011): The German labour market after the fi nancial crisis: miracle or just a good policy mix? In: Vaughan-Whitehead, Daniel (ed.): Inequalities in the world of work: The effects of the crisis. International Labour Offi ce. Geneva: 255–286.Google Scholar
- Bosch, Gerhard (2003): Das Normalarbeitsverhältnis in der Informationsgesellschaft. In: Institut Arbeit und Technik: Jahrbuch 2002/2003: 11–24.Google Scholar
- Brown, Clair / Haltiwanger, John / Lane, Julia (2006): Economic Turbulence: Is a volatile Economy good for America? Chicago.Google Scholar
- Council of the European Union (2007): Common principles of fl exicurity: more and better jobs through fl exibility and security, European council resolution. Lisbon.Google Scholar
- European Commission (2006): Modernising labour law to meet the challenges of the 21st century’, Green paper, COM (2006) 708 fi nal. Brussels.Google Scholar
- European Commission (2006b): Employment in Europe 2006, EC, Brussels.Google Scholar
- Freeman, Richard. B (2009): Labor Regulations, Unions, and Social Protection in Developing Countries: Market Distortions or Effi cient Institutions? In: NBER working paper 14789.Google Scholar
- Giuli, Marco (2012): Flexicurity - not for Italy. Europe’s World 23 March 2012. http://www.europesworld.org/NewEnglish/Home_old/PartnerPosts/tabid/671/PostID/2977/language/en-US/Default.aspx.
- Hirschman, Albert O. (1970): Exit, voice, loyality. Responses to decline in fi rms, organizations and states. Cambridge/Massachusetts.Google Scholar
- Howell, David R. / Baker, Dean / Glyn, Andrew / Schmitt, John (2007): Are protective institutions the root of unemployment? A critical review of the evidence. In: Capitalism and Society 2 (1).Google Scholar
- International Institute for Labour Studies (2012): World of Work report 2012. Geneva. International Monetary Fund (IMF) (2003): Unemployment and Labor Market Institutions: Why Reforms Pay Off’. In: World Economic Outlook, chapter IV. Washington.Google Scholar
- Nickell, Stephen J. / Layard, Richard (1999): Labour Market Institutions and Economic Performance. In: Ashenfelter, Orley / Card, Daniel (eds.): Handbook of Labor Economics, Vol. 3. Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Nunziata, Lucio (2002): Unemployment, Labour Market Institutions and Shocks. Nuffi eld College. Oxford.Google Scholar
- Ronkowski, Piotr (2013): Labour market policy expenditure and the structure of unemployment. In: Eurostat, Statistics in focus 31/2013.Google Scholar
- Sapir, André (2009): Europe’s economic priorities 2010-2015, memos to the new Commission, Bruegel. Brussels.Google Scholar
- Schmid, Günther / Gazier, Bernard (eds.:) (2002): The dynamics of full employment: social Integration through transitional labour markets: Cheltenham:Google Scholar
- Supiot, Alain / Meadows, Pamela (2001): Beyond employment. Changes in work and the future of labour law in Europe. Oxford.Google Scholar
- Vaughan-Whitehead, Daniel (ed.) (2011): Inequalities in the world of work: The effects of the crisis. International Labour Office. Geneva.Google Scholar