The Impact of Managerial Responses to Online Reviews on Consumers’ Perceived Trust and Attitude
Advancing technology and recent developments in communication media have created powerful possibilities for consumers to share their stories and experiences regarding a product or service online. They talk about brands and companies not only in a positive way (“Food and service in this restaurant are just great”) but also in a negative way (“This product turns out to be very disappointing”).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bart, Y.; Shankar, V.; Sultan, F. and Urban, G. L. (2005), "Are the Drivers and Role of Online Trust the Same for All Web Sites and Consumers? A Large-Scale Exploratory Empirical Study," in: Journal of Marketing, Vol., 133–152.Google Scholar
- Bitner, M. J. (1990), "Evaluating Service Encounters: The Effects of Physical Surroundings and Employee Responses," in: The Journal of Marketing, Vol., 69–82.Google Scholar
- Cheung, C. M. K. and Lee, M. K. O. (2008), "Online Consumer Reviews: Does Negative Electronic Word-of-Mouth Hurt More?," American Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) Proceedings, 143, http://aisel.aisnet.org/amcis2008/143.
- Kerkhof, P.; Utz, S. and Beukeboom, C. (2010), "The Ironic Effects of Organizational Responses to Negative Online Consumer Reviews," 9th International Conference on Research in Advertising (Icoria) Proceedings.Google Scholar
- Purnawirawan, N.; De Pelsmacker, P. and Dens, N. (2010), "Balance and Sequence in Online Reviews: The Wrap Effect," 9th International Conference on Research in Advertising (Icoria) Proceedings.Google Scholar
- Schouten, E. (2007), "Eerste Hulp Bij Webdiscussie." http://vorige.nrc.nl/article1760860.ece/Eerste_hulp_bij_webdiscussie. Accessed 08/03/2013.
- Tax, S. S. and Brown, S. W. (1998), "Recovering and Learning from Service Failure," in: Sloan Management review, Vol., Fall, 75–88.Google Scholar
- Van Vaerenbergh, Y.; Vermeir, I. and Larivière, B. (2013), "Service Recovery’s Impact on Customers Next-in-Line," in: Managing Service Quality, Vol. 23, 6.Google Scholar