A security Taxonomy that facilitates Protecting an industrial ICT Production and how it really provides Transparency
The Enterprise Security Architecture for Reliable ICT Services (ESARIS) is a reference architecture for protecting ICT services [EvFWB12]. User organizations are enabled to compare offerings and assess risks. ICT service providers receive a comprehensive template for implementing and maintaining all security measures, including those relating to service management. The architecture also introduces a Security Taxonomy on Level 4 of its hierarchy of security standards. This taxonomy is explained in this paper. The structure or organization model assigns security measures to production areas. It considers state-of-the-art service management processes (ITIL) and integrates ICT security management and IT service management. The taxonomy supports division of labor and assignment of responsibility within a large-scale ICT production. The taxonomy is compatible with all types of ICT services and service models since it allows easy identification and selection of the relevant security documentation. The taxonomy is modular and derived from specific criteria. The latter result from challenges in day-to-day business and consider interests and requirements both from user organizations and from ICT service providers.
KeywordsService Model Security Measure Wide Area Network Security Standard Security Incident
- [ISO27001]ISO/IEC 27001 - Information technology - Security techniques - Information security management systems - RequirementsGoogle Scholar
- [ISO27002]ISO/IEC 27002 - Information technology - Security techniques - Code of practice for information security managementGoogle Scholar
- [BSI-GS]IT-Grundschutz Catalogues; German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI); www.bsi. bund.deGoogle Scholar
- [EvFWB13]Eberhard von Faber and Wolfgang Behnsen: Secure ICT Service Provisioning for Cloud, Mobile and Beyond, A Workable Architectural Approach to Equilibrate Buyers and Providers; Springer Vieweg, 2013, ISBN-978-3-658-00068-4Google Scholar
- [EvFWB12]Eberhard von Faber and Wolfgang Behnsen: A Systematic Holistic Approach for Providers to Deliver Secure ICT Services; in: H. Reimer, N. Pohlmann, W. Schneider (Editors): ISSE 2012 - Securing Electronic Business Processes, Springer Vieweg (2012), ISBN: 978-3-658-00332-6, p. 80 - 88Google Scholar