Educating Global Citizens
Part of the Sozialstrukturanalyse book series (SSA)
- 3.8k Downloads
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Australian International School (AIS). 2012. Senior School Handbook. http://www.ais.com.sg/Portals/0/docs/senior/HB%20Senior%20School.pdf. Accessed: 9 May 2012.
- Anderson, Benedict. 1983. Imagined Communities. Reflections on the Origin and Spread of Nationalism. London: Verso.Google Scholar
- Boli, John and Velina Petrova. 2007. Globalization Today. In The Blackwell Companion to Globalization, ed by George Ritzer, 103–124. Malden, MA: Blackwell.Google Scholar
- Canadian International School of Beijing (CISB). 2012. Message from Head of School. http://www.cisb.com.cn/page/detail_static.php?id=178&moduleid=9. Accessed: 9 May 2012.
- Council for Private Education. 2010. A Concise Guide for International Students Enrolling in Private Education Institutions in Singapore. http://www.cpe.gov.sg/cos/o.x?c=/cpe/pagetree&-func=view&rid=385. Accessed: 22 May 2012.
- Freeland, Chrystia. 2011. The Rise of the New Global Elite. The Atlantic. January/February 2011. http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/01/the-rise-of-the-new-global-elite/8343/. Accessed: 9 May 2012.
- Grimshaw, Trevor. 2007. Critical Perspectives on Language in International Education. In The Sage Handbook of Research in International Education, ed by Mary Hayden, Jeff Thompson and Jack Levy, 365–378. London: SAGE.Google Scholar
- Hayward, Mark. 2002. From International to Intercultural: Redefining the International School for a Globalised World. Journal of Research in International Education 1: 1–32.Google Scholar
- Hill, Ian. 2007. International Education as Developed by the International Baccalaureate Organisation. In The Sage Handbook of Research in International Education, ed by Mary Hayden, Jeff Thompson and Jack Levy, 18–29. London: Sage.Google Scholar
- Huntington, Samuel P. 2004. Who Are We? The Challenges to America’s Identity. New York: Simon & Schuster.Google Scholar
- International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO). 2008. IB Learner Profile Booklet. Cardiff: International Baccalaureate Organization.Google Scholar
- International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO). 2010. Financial Review 2010. http://www.ibo.org/facts/annualreview/documents/Financialreview2010RevisedMay.pdf. Accessed: 9 May 2012.
- International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO). 2012a. IB Fast Facts. http://www.ibo.org/facts/fastfacts.Accessed: 9 May 2012.
- International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO). 2012b. Timeline. http://www.ibo.org/history/timeline.Accessed: 9 May 2012.
- International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO). 2013. Programme Growth Statistics. http://www.ibo.org/facts/schoolstats/growth.cfm. Accessed: 9 January 2013.
- ICS Research (n.d.) ISC Research: The International Schools Market. http://www.iscresearch.com/international-schools. Accessed: 22 May 2012.
- Knight, Michael. 1999. Ecolint: A Portrait of the International School of Geneva 1924-1999. Geneva: International School of Geneva.Google Scholar
- Lallo, Oren and Julia Resnik. 2008. Falafel à la Baguette: Global Packaging for Local Core in International Schools. In The Production of Educational Knowledge in the Global Era, ed by Julia Resnik, 169–183. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers.Google Scholar
- Luhmann, Niklas. 2002. Das Erziehungssystem der Gesellschaft. Frankfurt/Main: Suhrkamp.Google Scholar
- Norris, Pippa 2000. Global Governance and Cosmopolitan Citizens. In Governance in a Globalizing World, ed by Joseph S. Nye and John D. Donahue, 155–177. Washington, D.C.: Brookings Institution.Google Scholar
- Nussbaum, Martha C. 2002. Patriotism and Cosmopolitanism. In For Love of Country, ed by Martha C. Nussbaum and Joshua Cohen, 3–17. Boston: Beacon Press.Google Scholar
- Overseas Family School (OFS). 2012a. Faculty. http://www.ofs.edu.sg/about-ofs/faculty. Accessed: 9 May 2012.
- Overseas Family School (OFS). 2012b. Welcome Message. http://www.ofs.edu.sg/munofs/welcome-message. Accessed: 9 May 2012.
- Oxfam. 2006. Education for Global Citizenship. A Guide for Schools. http://www.oxfam.org.uk/education/gc/files/education_for_global_citizenship_a_guide_for_schools.pdf. Accessed: 15 April 2012.
- Stamford American International School (SAIS). 2012. Superintendent’s Welcome. http://www.sais.edu.sg/superintendent-s-welcome.html. Accessed: 9 May 2012.
- Sassen, Saskia. 2007. A Sociology of Globalization. New York: Norton.Google Scholar
- Sklair, Leslie. 2001. The Transnational Capitalist Class. Oxford: Blackwell.Google Scholar
- Straits Times. 2012. S’poreans Drawn to International Schools Here. Straits Times 28 February 2012: B1.Google Scholar
- Sylvester, Robert. 2002. The ‘First’ International School. In International Education in Practice: Dimensions for National and International Schools, ed by Mary Hayden, Jeff Thompson and George Walker, 3–17. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- United World College South East Asia. (UWCSEA). 2012. Global Concerns. http://www.uwcsea.edu.sg/page.cfm?p=1281. Accessed: 9 May 2012.
- Zimmerman, Jonathan. 2002. Whose America? Culture Wars in the Public Schools. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
© Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2014