Modeling Synergies in Cross-Media Strategies: On-line and Off-line Media
Changing market circumstances push marketing managers to optimize advertising spending and search for the most effective and affordable advertising media. In integrated marketing communication (IMC), synergy can contribute significantly to reinforcing the preferred outcome, that is, total sales. Cross-media synergy, defined as the combined effect of more than one media that exceeds each medium’s individual effects on the measured outcome, is of particular interest (Naik and Raman, 2003; Chang and Thorson, 2004; Havlena, Cardarelli, and de Montigny, 2007).
KeywordsMarketing Autocorrelation Dian Reten
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dekimpe, M. G., Franses, P.H., Hanssens, D.M., and Naik, P.A. (2008). "Time-series models in marketing." Handbook of Marketing Decision Models, 373–398.Google Scholar
- Gatignon, H. and Hanssens, D. M. (1987). "Modeling marketing interactions with application to salesforce effectiveness." Journal of Marketing Research, 247–257.Google Scholar
- Gopalakrishna, S. and Chatterjee, R. (1992). "A communications response model for a mature industrial product: Application and implications." Journal of Marketing Research, 189–200.Google Scholar
- Greene, W. H. and C. Zhang (1997). Econometric analysis, Prentice hall Upper Saddle River, NJ.Google Scholar
- Jagpal, H. S. (1981). "Measuring joint advertising effects in multiproduct firms." Journal of Adver-tising Research.;Google Scholar
- Joseph, J. (2006). "Understanding Advertising Adstock Transformations" Available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=924128 (accessed November 2011).
- Naik, P. A., Schultz, D. E., and Srinivasan, S. (2007). "Perils of Using OLS to Estimate Multimedia Communications Effects." Journal of Advertising Research, 257–269.Google Scholar
- Naik, P. A., Raman, K., and Winer, R.S. (2005). "Planning marketing-mix strategies in the presence of interaction effects." Marketing Science, 25–34.Google Scholar
- Raman, K. and Naik, P. A. (2006). "Integrated Marketing Communications in Retailing." Retailing in the 21st Century, 381–395.Google Scholar
- Sant, D. T. (1977). Generalized least squares applied to time varying parameter models. Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Vol. 6(3):301–314.Google Scholar
- Tarascio, V. J. (1973). "Vilfredo Pareto: On the Occasion of the Translation of His Manuel." Cana-dian Journal of Economics, Vol.394–408.Google Scholar
- Tellis, G. J. (2006). "MODELING MARKETING MIX." Handbook of marketing research: 506–522.Google Scholar
- Weisberg, S. and Fox, J. (2010). An R companion to applied regression, Sage Publications, Incorpo-rated.Google Scholar