The asymptotic theory of sampling inspection
The purpose of this paper is to emphasize the importance of certain asymptotic results in the design of sampling plans, and also to stress the role of the underlying model. Proofs will not be given, and for these we refer to Wetherill and Köllerström (1978), Köllerström and Wetherill (1979) and the book by A. Hald (1978).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CAMPLING, G.E.G. (1968) ‘Serial sampling acceptance schemes for large batches of items where the mean quality has a normal prior distribution’.Biometrika 55, 393–9.Google Scholar
- HALD, A. (1967) ‘Asymptotic properties of Bayesian single sampling plans’. J.R.S.S. b, 29, 162–173.Google Scholar
- BALD, A. (1978) Statistical theory of sampling inspection by attributes, Part 2. Institute of Mathematical Statistics, University of Copenhagen.Google Scholar
- WETHERILL, G.B., & KÖLLERSTRt 1, J. (1978) ‘Sampling inspection simplified’.Google Scholar
- KOLLERSTRCM, J., & WETHERILL, G.B. (1979) ‘Sampling by variables with normal-gamma-prior’.Google Scholar