Preparation for Marrow Transplantation
This section deals with the logistics of readying a patient for marrow transplantation; the elements of this process are outlined in Table 7. Not all of these elements will be universally applicable, but will depend on diagnosis and type of marrow to be utilized. Since the use of normal marrow donor transplantation is often the standard, this approach will be used as a model; the elements are clearly different, to a degree, for autologous marrow transplant patients, and such will also be discussed.
KeywordsConditioning Regimen Chronic GVHD Transplant Team Allogeneic Marrow Transfusion Support
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Appelbaum FR, Sullivan KM, Buckner CD, Clift RA, Deeg HJ, Fefer A, Hill R, Mortimer J, Neiman PE, Sanders JE, Singer J, Stewart P, Storb R, Thomas ED (1987) Treatment of malignant lymphoma in 100 patients with chemotherapy, total body irradiation, and marrow transplantation. J Clin Oncol 5:1340PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Crossreacting groups of HLA-A and B antigens. (1987) Tissue Typing Reference Manual (edition 2), South-Eastern Organ Procurement Foundation, Richmond, Virginia: p. 4.14Google Scholar
- Hinterberger-Fischer M, Kier P, Kalhs P, Marosi C, Geissler K, Schwarzinger I, Pabinger I, Huber J, Spona J, Kolbabek H, Koren H, Muller G, Hawliczek R, Lechner K, Hayek-Rosenmayr A, Hinterberger W (1991) Fertility, pregnancies and offspring complications after bone marrow transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant 7:5PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Kersey JH, Weisdorf D, Nesbit ME, LeBien TW, Woods WG, McGlave PB, Kim T, Vallera DA, Goldman AI, Bostrom B, Hurd D, Ramsay NKC (1987) Comparison of autologous and allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for treatment of high-risk refractory acute lymphoblastic leukemia. N Engl J Med 317:461PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Phillips GL (1992) Autologous bone marrow transplantation for hematologic malignancy. Drug Resistance as a Biochemical Target in Cancer Chemotherapy, Tsuruo T, Ogawa M, Carter WK (eds), Academic Press, San Diego, CA:295Google Scholar