Computer applications have by now entered almost all enterprises, but mostly in an uncoordinated way without long term integration plans or automation strategies. Departments introduced computing equipment and purchased or developed programs to support their department operations. This approach divided an enterprise into small and almost autonomous enterprises, each with the goal to deploy the computer to make their department and its associated activities work more efficiently.
KeywordsEurope Conglomerate ECSC
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- De Meyer: The Integration of Information Systems in Manufacturing Omega, Int. Journal of Management Sciences 15(3):229–238, 1987Google Scholar
- AMICE Project Team: CIM-OSA: Reference Architecture Specification Esprit Consortium AMICE, Brussels, Belgium, 1988Google Scholar
- AMICE Project Team: CIM-OSA: A Primer on Key Concepts and Purpose Esprit Consortium AMICE, Brussels, Belgium, 1987Google Scholar
- AMICE Project Team: CIM-OSA: Strategic Management and Design Issues Esprit Consortium AMICE, Brussels, Belgium, 1987Google Scholar
- J. Huysentruyt, P. Russell: CIM-OSA: Computer Integrated Manufacture-Open System Architecture Esprit Technical Week 86, Brussels, BelgiumGoogle Scholar
- P. Russell: Open System Architecture for CIM CIM Europe Conference 87, Knutsford, UKGoogle Scholar
- J.C. Emond, T. Hermans: CIM-OSA Concepts Demonstrated with an Object Oriented Language CIM Europe Conference 88, Madrid, SpainGoogle Scholar
- S. Moss: CIM-OSA: The Enterprise Model CIM Europe Conference 88, Madrid, SpainGoogle Scholar
- M. Klittich: CIM-OSA: The Implementation Viewpoint CIM Europe Conference 88, Madrid, SpainGoogle Scholar
- J.C. Emond: CIM-OSA: Key Concepts Overview and Demonstration Esprit Technical Week 88, Brussels, BelgiumGoogle Scholar
- M. Klittich: CIM-OSA and its Relationship to MAP CIM Europe Conference 89, Athens, GreeceGoogle Scholar
- T. Klevers: The European Approach to an “Open Systems Architecture” for CIM CIM Europe Conference 89, Athens, GreeceGoogle Scholar