Child and adolescent psychiatry in Serbia
From the beginning of its development, around 1927, child and adolescent psychiatry in Yugoslavia has been given different names and definitions. At first, it encompassed the wide concept of “mental hygiene”, and later “psychiatry of developmental age”, “psychiatry of childhood and youth” and finally “child and adolescent psychiatry”. Today the last term is in use. It is defined as a separate field of psychiatry covering diagnostics, treatment, prevention, rehabilitation, and scientific research of disorders in emotional, cognitive and social development, psychiatric disorders, and psychosomatic illnesses of children and young people. It is closely linked to pediatrics, and special branches of psychology, sociology, neuropsychology, general psychiatry, genetics, law, and other professional fields and sciences engaged in the care of children and adolescents.
KeywordsPrimary Health Care Mental Health Care Adolescent Psychiatry Child Psychiatry Outpatient Mental Health
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bojanin S (1979) Neuropsychology of Developmental Age and General Re-Educative Methods (in Serbian: Neuropsihologija razvojnog doba i opsti reedukativni metod) Privredna stampa, BeogradGoogle Scholar
- Bojanin S, Radulovic K (1988) Social Psychology of Developmental Age (in Serbian: Socijalna psihijatrija razvojnog doba) Naucna knjiga, BeogradGoogle Scholar
- Matic V (1953) The Psychopathology of Childhood and Adolescence (in Serbian: Psihopatologija detinjstva i mladosti) Filozofski fakultet, BeogradGoogle Scholar
- Matic V, Jojic-Milenkovic M (1957) Mental Hygiene (in Serbian: Mentalna higijena) Filozofski fakultet, BeogradGoogle Scholar
- Tadic N (1980) Childhood and Adolescence Psychiatry (in Serbian: Psihijatrija detinjstva i mladosti) Naucna knjiga, BeogradGoogle Scholar
- Tadic N (1984) Psychotherapy of Children and Adolescents (in Serbian: Psihoterapija dece i omladine) Naucna knjiga, BeogradGoogle Scholar
- Tadic N (ed) (1992) Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy of Children and Adolescents (in Serbian: Psihoanaliticka psihoterapija dece i mladih) Naucna knjiga, BeogradGoogle Scholar