Qualitative Description of Electrophysiologic Measurements: towards automatic data interpretation
The first steps towards an automatic interpretation of on-line measurements in intracardiac electrophysiologic tests consist in a transformation of the test data obtained by a beat-to-beat measurement device, in an adequate symbolic representation, an exhaustive description of the results and the discussion of inferable medical interpretation hypotheses. On the base of a simple test protocol, the cyclic interpretation sequence is pointed out with a survey over its subtasks. The qualitative description aspect is considered in detail. An example with knowledge representation issues of the used commercial shell and an output of the prototype version is presented.
Keywordsintelligent instrumentation electrophysiology interpretation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Weiss S. and Kulikowski C. (1984), A Practical Guide to Designing Expert Systems. Rowman & Allanheld Publishers: Totowa NJ.Google Scholar
- Besset D. (1986), BABAR: an expert system for blood analysis. First Swiss Symposium on Medical Informatics, Telmed ed: Ruschlikon.Google Scholar
- Shibahara,T. (1985), On using causal knowledge to recognize vital signals: knowledge-based interpretation of arrhythmias. ProcJnt’l Joint Conf Artificial Intelligence, 1985.Google Scholar
- Baas L. and Bourne, J.R. (1984), A rule-based microcomputer system for electroencephalogram evaluation. IEEE Trans on Biom.Engin.,vol.BME-31, 10, Oct. 1984.Google Scholar
- Josephson M.E. and Seides S.F. (1979), Clinical Electrophysiology. Techniques and Interpretations. Lea & Febiger: Philadelphia.Google Scholar
- Disertori M.,Vergara G.,Inama G.,Guarnerio M.,Antolini R., Furlanello F. (1985), Electrophysiologic effects of flecainide in atrial flutter. Acute test evaluation by on-line data analysis. New Trends Arrhyt., 1 (3), 255–259.Google Scholar
- Mer W.J., Antolini R., Kirchner M. and Avancini G.P. (1986), On the application of expert system concepts to on-line interpretation of intracardiac electrophysiologic testing. Measurement in Clinical Medicine, IMEKO: London, 153–158.Google Scholar
- ReggiaJ.A. (1982), Computer-assisted medical decision making. Applications of Computers in Medicine, IEEE.Google Scholar
- Tsotsos J.K. (1981), Temporal event recognition: an application to left ventricular performance evaluation. ProcJnt’l Joint Conf Artificial Intelligence, 1981.Google Scholar
- KES manual, ver.2.2 (1986), Softw.Arch. & Engin. Inc.: Arlington V I.Google Scholar
- Tukey J.W. (1977), Exploratory Data Analysis. Addison-Wesley: Reading, Mass..Google Scholar