Evaluating the Performance of Anemia
This paper reports the results of an evaluation study of the current level of performance given by ANEMIA , a knowledge-based consultation system addressing the clinical problem of managing anemic patients. ANEMIA has been built using an AI programming scheme, called EXPERT, which was developed at Rutgers University . At present the system is able to provide assistance in the diagnosis and management of 65 disease entities. They include iron deficiency anemias, anemias due to chronic disorders, thalassemias, hemolytic anemias, arigenerative anemias and few other miscellaneous conditions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- .Chandrasekaran, B. “On evaluating AI systems for medical diagnosis”, The AI Magazine, 34–38, 1983.Google Scholar
- .Cristiani, P., Quaglini, S., Stefanel1i,M., Barosi,G., Berzuini, A. “MICROANEMIA: An Expert System Running on a Microcomputer”, Proceedings MEDINFO ′86, 87–91, Washington 1986.Google Scholar
- SPSS Inc., M.J. Norusis, SPSS/PC + for the IBM PC/XT/AT.Google Scholar
- .Upton G.J.G. The Analysis of Cross-tabulated Data. John Wiley & Sons Ed., 1978.Google Scholar
- .Weiss, S, and Kulikowsky, C. “EXPERT: a system for developing consultation models”, Proc. Int. J. Conf. Artif. Intell. 4th, pp 841–846, Tokyo, 1979.Google Scholar