TV: An nMOS Timing Analyzer
TV is a timing analyzer for nMOS designs. Based on the circuit obtained from existing circuit extractors, TV determines the minimum clock duty and cycle times and verifies that the circuit obeys the MIPS clocking methodology. The delay analysis is an event driven simulation that only uses the values stable, rise, fall, as well as information about clock qualification. TV stresses fast running time, small user input requirements, and the ability to offer die user valuable advice. It calculates as much as possible statically, including the direction of signal flow, use, and clock qualification of all transistors.
KeywordsHunt Prefix Extractor Polysilicon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Baker, C., and Terman, C. “Tools for Verifying Intergrated Circuit Designs.” Lambda (Fourth Quarter 1980), 22–30.Google Scholar
- 2.Clark, J. The Geometry Engine: A VLSI Geometry System for Graphics. Proc. SIGGRAPH ’82, ACM, 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.Hennessy, J.L., Jouppi, N., Baskett, F., and Gill, J. MIPS: A VLSI Processor Architecture. Proc. CMU Conference on VLSI Systems and Computations, October, 1981.Google Scholar
- 4.Hennessy, J., Jouppi N., Przybylski, S., Rowen, C., and Gross, T. Design of a High Performance VLSI Processor. Proceedings Third Caltech VLSI Conference, 1983.Google Scholar
- 5.Hitchcock, Robert B. Sr. Timing Verification and the Timing Analysis Program. 19th Design Automation Conference, IEEE, June, 1982, pp. 594–604.Google Scholar
- 6.McWilliams, T.M. Verification of Timing Constraints on Large Digital Systems. Proc. of the 17di Design Automation Conference, IEEE, Minneapolis, 1980, pp. 139–147.Google Scholar
- 7.Nagel, L. SPICE2: A Computer Program to Simulate Semiconductor Circuits. Tech. Rept UCB ERL-M250, University of California, Berkeley, May, 1975.Google Scholar
- 8.Noice, D., Mathews, R., and Newkirk, J. A Clocking Discipline fo Two-Phase Digital Systems. Proc. ICCC 82, IEEE, September, 1982.Google Scholar
- 9.Ousterhout, John K. Crystal: A Timing Analyzer for nMOS VLSI Circuits. Proceedings of die third Caltech VLSI Conference, 1983.Google Scholar
- 10.Penfield, Paul Jr., and Rubenstein, Jorge. Signal Delay in RC Tree Networks. 18th Design Automation Conference, IEEE, June, 1981, pp. 613–17.Google Scholar