Adriamycin in the Treatment of Acute Leukemia
The report by Bonadonna and his colleagues in 1969 of the effectiveness of the anti-tumor antiobiotic adriamycin in a variety of malignant conditions including those affecting children suggested that a trial in acute leukemia should be undertaken. A total of 29 patients have so far been treated who have been in relapse with either acute lymphoblastic leukemia, acute myelogenous leukemia or lymphoblastic lymphosarcoma. 10 patients had acute lymphoblastic leukemia, 13 acute myelogenous leukemia and 6 had lymphoblastic lymphosarcoma (Table 1).
KeywordsLeukemia Sarcoma Methotrexate Prednisolone Vincristine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bonadonna, G., Monfardini, S., Delina, M., Fossati-Bellani, F.: Brit. med. J. 1969III, 503.Google Scholar
- 2.Hardisty, R. M., Mcelwain, T. J., Darby, C. W.: Brit. med. J. 1969II, 662.Google Scholar
- 3.Crowther, D., Bateman, C. J. T., Vartan, C. P., Whitehouse, J. M. A., Malpas, J. S., Hamilton Fairley, G., Scott, R.B.: Brit. med. J. 1970IV, 513.Google Scholar
- 4.Malpas, J. S., Scott, R. B.: Brit. med. J. 1968III, 227.Google Scholar
- 5.Malpas, J. S., Scott, R. B.: Lancet 19691, 469.Google Scholar