Intelligent Peripheral Module for Data Acquisition and Control
Data acquisition and signal generation has proved to be rather difficult. This paper presents a description of IPM (Intelligent Peripheral Module) and its applications in the field of medicine. From technical point of view IPM is single board computer, equiped with analog and digital inputs and outputs, counter and serial communication channel. It is controlled by personal or any other computer over the serial line. Multiple modules can be configured as LAN (local area network).
Keywordsdataacquisition processcontrol communication single board computer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Robert J. Bibbero: Microprocessors in Instruments and Control, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1977Google Scholar
- 2.Data acqusition, HARRIS Semiconductor, Melbourne, USA, 1990Google Scholar
- 3.Microcontroller Handbook, INTEL Corporation, Santa Clara, USA, 1986Google Scholar
- 4.Patrick H. Garret: Analog Systems for Microprocessors and Minicomputers, Reston Publishing Company, A Prentice-Hall Company, Reston, 1978Google Scholar
- 5.Peripheral Design Handbook, INTEL Corporation, Santa Clara, USA, 1981Google Scholar