Classification Within HIOS+
This paper deals with a research conducted by the University of Limburg in order to investigate and evaluate search & disclosure processes concerning ICPC criteria. Research aims are: (1) the development of a new consistent criteria list belonging to the Dutch ICPC and the implementation of this list in a medical information and research system, and (2) a more active disclosure of Dutch ICPC criteria. The new criteria list will be implemented in HIOS, a system already equipped with ICPC search algorithms and capable of presenting criteria. Part 2 of our research involves the development of tools which enable interpretation of free text into a query and usage of this query to give decision support during coding. For these purposes, two tools have been designed as separate modules within decision support system HIOS+: the Free text Formaliser (FF) and the Formal Interpreter (FI).
KeywordsICPC Free text Formalisation Formal Interpretation Decision Support Queries
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Donini FM, Lenzerini M, Nardi D. Using Terminological Reasoning in Hybrid Systems. The European Journal on Artificial Intelligence September 1990; Vol. 3 No. 3: 128–138.Google Scholar
- Dupuits FMHM. A General Practitioners’ Information and Research System with Decision Support Facilities (HIOS+). International Conference ‘Doctors at work’ Utrecht The Netherlands May 1990.Google Scholar
- Dupuits FMHM, Hasman A, Schoonbrood GGM. Decision Support in a General Practice. In: O’Moore R, Bengtsson S, Bryant JR, Bryden JS, eds. Lecture Notes in Medical Informatics - Medical Informatics Europe ’90 Proceedings - MIE 90, Glasgow, UK, August 1990. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 1990: 40, 231–235.Google Scholar
- Dupuits FMHM, Hasman A, Ulrichts EMJJ. The Designing of HIOS+. Software Engineering in Medical Informatics (SEMI), Amsterdam The Netherlands October 1990.Google Scholar
- Heidorn GE. Automatic Programming Through Natural Language Dialogue: A Survey. In: Rich Ch, Waters RC, eds. Readings in AI and Software Engineering 1986. Los Altos California, U.S.A.: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., 1986: 203–214.Google Scholar
- Hripcsak G, Clayton PD, Pryor A, Haug P, Wigertz OB, Lei van der J. The Arden Syntax for Medical Logic Modules. SCAMC proceedings, 1990, 200–204.Google Scholar
- Lamberts H, Wood M. International Classification of Primary Care. In: Oxford Medical Publications, World Organisation of National Colleges, Academies, and Academic Associations of GPs/Family Physicians, Oxford University Press, 1987.Google Scholar
- Turban E. Decision Support and Expert Systems - Managerial Perspectives. New York USA: Macmillan Publ. Co., 1988.Google Scholar
- Wood M. The New International Classification of Primary Care: Genesis and Implications for Patient Care and Research. The Journal of Family Practice 1987; 24 (6): 569–571.Google Scholar