ADAMS: Data-base management as a decision support system for epidemiologists
The aim of this paper is to describe a system for the creation, management and manipulation of a statistical database. The ADAMS system is designed as a decisions support system that supports the user work in leading up to statistical analysis. The paper includes descriptions of the various models used to represent statistical data and the manipulation thereof.
kev wordsstatistical databases man-machine interfaces decision support systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Br88]G. Bracaglia, Curro, A. D’Atri, P. Di Felice, F. L. Ricci, “Man-Machine interfaces to medical information system”, VI IASTED International Symposium on Applied Informatics, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Da89]A. D’Atri, L. Tarantino,“From Browsing to querying”, Data Engeneering Bulletin, IEEE Computer society, vol.12, n°2, June 1989.Google Scholar
- [Me90]L. Meo-Evoli,“An aggregate database management system”, Proc. VELI IASTED International Symposium on Applied Informatics, 1990. fig. 8: printing tableGoogle Scholar
- [Ra83]M. Rafanelli, F. L. Ricci: “Proposal of a logical model for statistical data base”, Proc. of the II International Workshop on Statistical Database Management, 1983.Google Scholar
- [Ra90]M. Rafanelli, F.L. Ricci: “A functional model for statistical entities”, Proc. Database and Expert Systems Applications, 1990.Google Scholar