Grain Boundary States in Float-Zone Silicon Bicrystals
A near ∑25 grain boundary has been studied electrically in FZ-silicon at various degrees of n-doping. The boundary is electrically active without previous heat treatment. A unique density-of-states can be derived from dc and ac measurements at all dopings and temperatures investigated. The model of the charged g.b. includes potential fluctuations in the g.b. plane. Admittance spectroscopy allows one to differentiate between g.b. states and deep centers in the compensating space charge zone.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.X.J. Wu, W. Szkielko, P. Haasen: J. de Phys. C1, 135 (1982)Google Scholar
- 2.W. Szkielko, G. Petermann: In Poly-microcrystalline and Amorphous Semiconductors, ed. by P. Pinard and S. Kalbitzer (Les Edit. de Physique, Paris, 1985) p.379.Google Scholar
- 3.CR.M. Grovenor: J. de Phys. C18, 4079 (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Broniatowski: Phys. Rev. B36, 5696 (1987).Google Scholar
- 9.E.H. Nicollian, A. Götzberger: Bell Syst. Tech. J. 46, 1055 (1967).Google Scholar
- 11.G. Blatter, F. Greuter: Phys. Rev. B33, 3952 (1986).Google Scholar
- 13.G. Petermann, P. Haasen: Proceed. MRS Meeting Boston (1987), in press.Google Scholar
- 14.G. Petermann: Thesis Göttingen (1987).Google Scholar