A Relational Query Language for Medical Data
This paper describes a query language interface to manipulate an integrated relational data base. The system’s purpose is to provide a high degree of facility for both non-computer scientists and professional programmers. This was accomplished by the language’s structure, based on the object oriented approach and the menu selection technic (frames). These frames interact continuously with the user during the whole query composition, in order to eliminate the need of learning a formal query language. This approach is particularly well suited for medical applications.
KeywordsQuery Language Person Service Object Oriented Approach Relational Query Query System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Codd, E. F. (1971). A Data Base Sublanguage Founded on the Relational Calculus. Proc. ACM SIGFIDET Workshop on data description, access & control, San-DiegoGoogle Scholar
- Date, C. J. (1981). An Introduction to Data Base Systems. In the system programming systems, 3rd editionGoogle Scholar
- Chamberlin, C. And R. F. Boyce (1974). Sequel: a Structure English Query Language. Proc. ACM SIGMOD Workshop on data description, access & controlGoogle Scholar
- Chamberlin, D. & All (1976). Sequel 2: a Unified Approach to Data Definition Manipulation and Control. Journal of research and development, 20, 560–575Google Scholar
- Mendes, A. M. And P. Le Beux (1983). A Frame Oriented Query Language for a Medical Relational Data Base. 4th World Congress on medical informaticsGoogle Scholar
- Le Beux, P. (1978). Les Systèmes et les Langages de Grilles de Sélection. Thèse d’Etat, Paris V I.Google Scholar
- Le Beux, P. (1974). Selection Systems and Languages for Medical Application. Technical report, office of medical information systems, univ. of California, San-Francisco medical center.Google Scholar