Pilot Projects on Computer Applications in the Nursing Practice
An overview of operational nursing-oriented applications, integrated in the BAZIS Hospital Information System, is presented.
A project has been initiated to provide support for the daily operations in the nursing units. The objectives and the proceedings of this project are described. Pilot systems are developed in order to explore the feasibility of computerization in the field of nursing administration, communication and patient care. It has been found that information on repititious and inter-related nursing activities can be stored in protocols. An online demonstration model has been introduced to promote computer literacy. Experiences with the model as well as the results of a protocol-based pilot system, are reported.
KeywordsNursing Care Student Nurse Hospital Information System Nursing Unit Pilot System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bakker, A.R., Scope and limitations of a mini-based centralized hospital information system. Ed. D.A.B. Lindberg, S. Kaihara, proceedings MEDINFO 1980, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1980, ISBN 444 86029 0, p. 505–509.Google Scholar
- Bakker, A.R., Organization of a cooperation for further development and implementation of an integrated hospital information system. Ed. R.R. O’Moore, B. Barber, P.L. Reichertz, F. Roger, proceedings MIE 1982, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1982, ISBN 3 540 11208 1, p. 14–20.Google Scholar
- Pluyter-Wenting, E.S.P., Computer-assisted training and manpower planning for student nurses in Leiden hospital. Ed. M. Scholes, Y. Bryant, B. Barber, Proceedings IFIP-IMIA Workshop on The Impact of Computers on Nursing 1982, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1982, ISBN 0 444 86682 5, p. 430–437.Google Scholar
- Hofdijk, W.J., Kauffmann, J.J.I.M., OPERA or the development of a surgical information system for registration, communication, control and research. Ed. J.H. van Bemmel, M.J. Ball, O. Wigertz, Proceedings MEDINFO 1983, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1983, p. 752–755.Google Scholar
- Verbeek, H.A., Production of software for training clinical problem-solving. Ed. J.H. van Bemmel, M.J. Ball, 0. Wigertz, Proceedings MEDINFO 1983, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1983, p. 1113–1115.Google Scholar
- Ashton, C.C., Caring for patients within a computer environment. Ed. M. Scholes, Y. Bryant, B. Barber, Proc. IFIP-IMIA Workshop on The Impact of Computers on Nursing 1982, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1982, ISBN 0 444 86682 5, p. 105–114.Google Scholar
- Scholes, M., The use of computers in nursing-historical perspective Ed. 0. Fokkens et al, Proceedings MEDINFO 1983-Seminars, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1983, p. 310–312.Google Scholar