Substituting of Upper Human Extremities Functions — Where We are Going?
The paper presents some medical, technical and methodological aspects of the problem of supporting lost motorial functions of upper human extremities.
Some results obtained in application of hybrid system for supporting the grasp movements - alive manipulators - are described.
KeywordsEurope Stimul Lost Exter Retained
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- |1|.Morecki A et al. Manipulators for supporting and substituting lost functions of human extremities. Proceedings, On Theory and Practice of Robots and Manipulators, Vol. I, Udine, 1974: 214–230.Google Scholar
- |2|.Ober JK, Leonhard J, Ogorkiewicz A. On the head manipulator for bilateral shoulder disarticulated children. Proceedings, Theory and Practice of Robots and Manipulators, PWN-E1sevier, 1977: 206–210.Google Scholar
- |3|.Pasniczek R, Kiwerski J, Wirski J and Borowski H. Some problems of implant stimulation applied to grasp movements. Proceedings of the IVth Intern. Symp. “Advances in External Control of Human Extremities”, Belgrade, 1977: 584–602.Google Scholar
- |4|.Morecki A, Borowski H, Gasztold H, Kiwerski J and Pasniczek R. On two systems for tetraplegics. Colloques IRIA, Intern. Conf. on Telemanipu1ators for the Physically Handicapped. Institute de Recherche d’Informat¡que, Rocquencourt, Sept. 4-6, 1978: 237–251.Google Scholar
- |5|.Weiss M, Morecki A, Kiwerski J, Pasniczek R. Electronic hybrid device for control of hand function by electrical stimulation method. Proceedings of the V11th Intern. Congress of Biomechanics, PWN,Poland, Elsevier, Holland, Vol.A, Warsaw, Sept. 18–23. 09. 1979 (in printing).Google Scholar
- |6|.Morecki A, Weiss M, Kiwerski J and Pasniczek R. A new method for forcing lost grasping functions of extremities by use of an orthotic manipulator combined with implanted stimulators of nerves. Intern. Conf. on Medical Devices and Sports Equipment, August 18–20.08. 1980, SF, Century 2, Emerging Technology Conferences, August 10–21, 1980.Google Scholar