A Review of Educational Applications of a Series of Four Models of Circulation, Respiration, Body Fluids and Electrolytes, and Drug Absorption and Distribution
Part of the Lecture Notes in Medical Informatics book series (LNMED, volume 5)
The interactive digital computer programs MacMAN, MacPUF, MacPEE and MacDOPE are simulation models for use in clinical and physiological teaching and research.
KeywordsHepatic Enzyme Induction Compulsory Exercise Small Group Tutor Tissue Oxygen Consumption Body Fluid Compartment
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dickinson, C.J., Ingram, D. and Shephard, E.P. (1971) A digital computer model for teaching the principles of systemic haemodynamics. J. Physiol. (Lond.), 216, 9–10 p.Google Scholar
- 2.Dickinson, C.J., Goldsmith, C.E. and Sackett, D.L. (1973) ‘MACMAN’: A digital computer model for teaching some basic principles of “haemodynamics”. J. Clinical Computing, 2, 42–50.Google Scholar
- 3.Dickinson, C.J. (19 72) A digital computer model to teach and study gas transport and exchange between lungs, blood, and tissue (‘MACPUF’). J. Physiol. (Lond.), 221–9p.Google Scholar
- 4.Dickinson, C.J. (19 77) A computer model of human respiration M.T.P. Ltd., Lancaster, U.K..Google Scholar
- 5.Dickinson, C.J. and Shephard, E.P. (1972) A digital computer model of the systemic circulation and kidneys, for studying renal and circulatory interactions involving electrolytes and body fluid compartments (‘MACPEE’). J. Physiol. (Lond.), 216, 11–12 p.Google Scholar
- 6.Tidball, C.S., (1979) A digital computer simulation of cardiovascular and renal physiology. The Physiology Teacher, The Physiologist, 22(2), 37–43.Google Scholar
- 7.Bloch, R., Sweeney, G., Ahmed, K., Dickinson, C.J. and Ingram, D. (19 79) ‘MacDope’ a computer simulation of pharmacokinetics. Submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 8.Ingram, D., Dickinson, C.J., Saunders, L., Sherriff, M., Bloch, R., Sweeney, G. and Ahmed, K. (1979). Application of a pharmacokinetic simulation program in pharmacy courses. Submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 9.Tawnay, D.A. (1976) Simulation and modelling in science. NDPCAL technical report No. 11, Council for Educational Technology, London.Google Scholar
© Online Conferences Ltd., Uxbridge, England 1979