A Review of the National Standard Child Health Computer System and its Potential Benefits
This paper describes briefly the development and current state of the National Standard Child Health Computer System. An outline of the system function and probable future developments is given. Some potentially valuable uses of the data collected and likely problems associated with such uses are mentioned. The possible longer term developments are outlined. A brief technical synopsis is provided.
KeywordsSchool Health Health Visitor Birth Register Regional Health Authority Birth Registration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Standard Child Health System User Manual.Google Scholar
- 2.Report of the Royal Commission on Child Health.Google Scholar
- 3.Report of the Committee on Privacy. CMND 5012 HMSO JULY 1972.Google Scholar
- 4.Computers and Privacy. CMND 6353 HMSO DECEMBER 1975.Google Scholar
- 5.Computers: Safeguards for Privacy. CMND 6354 HMSO December 1975.Google Scholar
- 6.Research Methods in Health Care. J. Mckinley ( ED ). Milbank Memorial Fund 1973.Google Scholar
- 7.General Practice Record Keeping Using a Real Time Computer. Bradshaw-Smith. ECHSCP. MEDCOMP 77.Google Scholar
- 8.Real Time Record Management in General Practice. Grummitt. Int. J. Bio-Medical Computing 1977.Google Scholar
- 9.Standard Child Health System: Evaluation Report. WHTSO 1978.Google Scholar