The Communicational Structure of Medical Information Systems and its Educational Consequences
The paper briefly reviews the state of the art of educational efforts in the field of Medical Informatics. More detailed it analyzes the question of project accompanying education. It is outlined, that not only technical matters have to be taught, but also psychological aspects of system design. As easily performable measurements of communicational and psychological problems are still not available, some guidelines for the setup of educational procedures are formulated. All examples mentioned and the theses derived are based on the experiences of several years of educational activities in connection with the Hannover Medical School hospital information system.
KeywordsNorth Holland Publ Medical Informatics Educational Effort Educational Consequence User Environment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anderson, J.: Education of Health Staff in Information Processing Techniques, in Shires, D. B., Wolf, H. (eds,); MEDINFO 77, (North Holland Publ. Comp. Amsterdam,New-York, Oxforö: 1977 ) 975–978Google Scholar
- 2.Anderson, J., Gremy, F., Pages, J.C.: Education in Informatics of Health Personnel, IFIP Medical Informatics Monograph Series, vol. 1 ( North Holland Publ. Comp., Amsterdam,New-York,Oxford: 1974 )Google Scholar
- 3.Anonymous: Comments submitted to the EEC on “A Four Year Programme for the Development of Informatics in the Community”, British Computer Society, March 1177Google Scholar
- 5.Keen, P.G.W., Gerson, E.M.: The Politics of Software System Design, Datamation (1977) 80–84Google Scholar
- 8.Rienhoff, O.: Vorschlag zur Neuordnung der PR-Arbeit innerhalb der MHH, Div. of Medical Informatics, Hannover Med.School, June 1975Google Scholar
- 9.Rienhoff, O.: Ein Ansatz zur Optimierung des benutzerseitigen Systemdesigns mittels des Semantischen Differentials, GMDS Jahrestagung 1977, GoettingenGoogle Scholar
- 10.Rienhoff, O., Reichertz, P.L.: User Psychology — Or Who is Using Whom in Medical Informatics, in Shires, D.B.,Wolf, H. (eds.): MEDINFO 77, ( North Holland Publ. Comp., Amsterdam,New-York,Oxford: 1977 ) 983–987Google Scholar
- 11.Virts, S.S.: Introducing the Hospital-wide Information System to Hospital and Medical Staffs, in Shires, D.B., Wolf,H. (eds.): MEDINFO 77, (North Holland Publ. Comp., Amsterdam, New-York,Oxford: 1977 ) 993–997Google Scholar
- 12.Wersig,G.: Zur Systematik der Benutzerforschung, Nachrichten fuer Dokumentation, 24, 1 (197 3 ) 10–14Google Scholar