Advances in Ion Probes A-DIDA
The basic concept of the ION PROBES A-DIDA was set up 10 years ago. While the basic concept proved to be highly successful, a number of advances in the A-DIDA design features could be introduced since the SIMS II conference, which considerably improved the analytical capability of the ION PROBES A-DIDA. The basic concept of the ION PROBES A-DIDA has already been described elsewhere [1,2]. Different to the horizontal configuration of the A-DIDA 2000 the new IONMICROPROBE A-DIDA 3000–30 is a vertical configuration, as commonly used in SEM design, with the primary ion beam coming from the top. The samples are mounted horizontally which allows running powder samples.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Wittmaack, J. Maul and F. Schulz, Proc. 6th Int. Conf. Electron and Ion Beam Science and Technology (Ed.: R.Bakish) The Electrochemical Society Inc., Princeton (1974) p. 164Google Scholar
- 2.K. Wittmaack, Proc. 8th Int. Conf. X-ray Optics and Microanalysis (Ed.: D. Beaman, R. Ogilvie and D. Wittry)Google Scholar
- 3.K. Wittmaack and J.B. Clegg, Appl. Phys. Lett. 37 (1980)…Google Scholar
- 4.K. Wittmaack, J.B. Clegg and M.G. Dowsett, to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 5.J.B. Clegg et al., J. Appl. Phys. 52 (1981)…Google Scholar
- 7.W. Wach and K. Wittmaack, Proc. 9th Int. Conf. on Atomic Collision in Solids, to be published in Nucl. Instr. Meth.Google Scholar