Synchroscan Streak Camera Measurements of Mode-Propagation in Optical Fibers
The use of optical fibres in telecommunication and data processing links is a rapidly expanding field due to the potentially large information. bandwidth (≳l0 Gbits/s)|l| and low transmission loss (<0.2 db/km at 1.55 μm) |2|. The combination of high data rates and long repeater spacing is now making optical systems very competitive with conventional copper cable systems and consequently the characterisation of optical fibres is of primary interest.
KeywordsRhodamine Photography Stripper
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (3).Lin, L.G. Cohen, W.G. French and H.M. Presby, IEEE J. Quant. Electron., QE-16, 33, (1980).Google Scholar
- (5).S.T.L. Ltd., Harlow, Essex, England.Google Scholar
- (6).J.P. Willson, W. Sibbett and W.E. Sleat, Opt. Comm., (td be published).Google Scholar
- (7).W. Sibbett, W.E. Sleat, J.R. Taylor and J.P. Willson, paper to be presented at 15th Int. Congress on High Speed Photography and Photonics, August 1982, San Diego, USA.Google Scholar
- (8).D. Gloge, Appl. Phys., 10, 2252, (1971).Google Scholar