Roles of DNA and RNA in the Antibody Response
It now is evident that DNA and RNA play major roles in the antibody response. This paper presents studies from this laboratory which aim at a better definition of these roles. Already published experiments are summarized only briefly, while current work is treated more completely. Finally, on the basis of some of the evidence available from this and other laboratories, a broad picture of the antibody response is drawn to further discussion, speculation, and experimentation.
KeywordsMigration Sucrose Phenol Albumin Lithium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boyden, S. V. (1966). Natural antibodies and the immune response, vol. 5, New York and London: Academic Press, pp. 1–29.Google Scholar
- Feldman, J. D. (1964). Ultrastructure of Immunologic Processes, Advances in Immunology, vol. 4, New York and London: Academic Press, pp. 175–248.Google Scholar
- Folds, J., and A. B. Stavitsky, unpublished observations, 1967.Google Scholar
- Ford, W. L., J. L. Gowans, and P. J. McCullagh (1966). The origin and function of lymphocytes. Ciba Symposium, The Thymus, Boston: Little, Brown and Co., pp. 58–78.Google Scholar
- Gowans, J. L., and D. D. McGregor (1965). The immunological activities of lymphocytes. Progr. Allergy, 9. Basel: Karger, pp. 1–78.Google Scholar
- Gusdon, J. P., and A. B. Stavitsky (1967). Fed. Proc, 26:642 (abstract).Google Scholar
- Gusdon, J. P., A. B. Stavitsky, M. D. Schoenberg, and R. D. Moore, unpublished observations, 1967.Google Scholar
- Mitchison, N. A. (1966). Recognition of antigen by cells. Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology, vol. 16, London: Pergamon Press.Google Scholar
- Plescia, O. J., W. Braun, and N. C. Palczuk (1965). Molecular and cellular basis of antibody formation. Prague: Czechoslovak Academy of Science Publishing House, pp. 61–69.Google Scholar
- Râska, K., and E. P. Cohen (1967). Specific activity of several enzymes of nucleotide metabolism in mouse spleen after immunization. Clin. and Exp. Immunol., 2:in press.Google Scholar
- Roszman, T., and A. B. Stavitsky, unpublished observations, 1967.Google Scholar
- Stavitsky, A. B. (1961). In vitro studies of the antibody response. Advances in Immunology, vol. 1, New York and London: Academic Press, pp. 211–261.Google Scholar