Plastic Deformation Waves and Heat Generated Near the Yield Point of Annealed Aluminum
Experimental data on the propagation of deformation waves and the heat generated during the plastic deformation of annealed aluminum are presented. Particular emphasis is given to the transition from the elastic to the plastic state. Wave propagation data that are consistent with annealed aluminum being mechanically unstable under impact loading are given. Some wave propagation results for specimens made by gluing soft and hard sections together are included.
Experimental data on the heat generated in annealed aluminum tubes undergoing torsional oscillations at about one cycle per second are also presented.
KeywordsFurnace Welding Agate Torque Propa
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.O. W. Dillon, Jr., The Dynamic Elastic-Plastic Interface and Related Topics, submitted for publication (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.O. W. Dillon, Jr., Experimental Data on Elastic Plastic Deformation Waves in Annealed Aluminum, submitted for publication (1967).Google Scholar
- 8.J. F. Bell and A. Stein, The Incremental Loading Wave in the Pre-Stressed Field, J. de Mecanique, 1, 395 (1962).Google Scholar
- 9.M. J. Kenig, Experiments on Annealed Aluminum, Ph.D. dissertation, Princeton University (1965).Google Scholar
- 15.A. C. Pipkin, Approximate Constitutive Equations, Modern Developments in Mechanics of Continua, Academic Press, 89 (1966).Google Scholar