Lattice Dynamics in KNO3, Phases I, II and III
Since potassium nitrate is known to possess ferroelectric properties in one of its three phases, a renewal of interest of this material has been recently stimulated. The appearance of the ferroelectric phase transition in some materials has been related to the lattice dynamical properties of the crystal[l] and one may therefore expect that a detailed study of the lattice dynamics of the different crystallographic varieties of KNO3 would lead to a better understanding of its ferroelectric phase transistion.
KeywordsCalcite Ferro Aragonite KNO3 Cracking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.P.E. Tahvonen, Ann. Acad. Sci. Fennicae, Serie Math-Phys. 44, (1947).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Grynwald (private communication).Google Scholar
- 7.T.M.K. Nedungadi, Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci. A14, 242, (1942).Google Scholar
- 8.L. Couture, C.R. Acad. Sci. Paris 656, (April 1945).Google Scholar
- 9.E.V. Chisler, Sov. Phys. Solid State 8, 1534, (1966).Google Scholar
- 10.M. Balkanski, M.K. Teng and M. Nusimovici (to be published).Google Scholar
- 11.S. Bhagavantam, Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci. 13, 543, (1941).Google Scholar
- 12.M. Nusimovici, Proc. Conf. on Ferroelectricity, Gen. Motors (1966).Google Scholar
- 13.G. Herzberg, “Infrared and Raman spectra,” D. Van No strand Co. Inc., New York, 1945.Google Scholar