Brillouin Scattering in Lithium Niobate
With the advent of the laser renewed interest has been stimulated in the phenomenon of the scattering of light by thermal phonons first proposed by Brillouin. In spectroscopy this has become an important method for the determination of the velocity of sound in liquids and solids. Since information is obtained in the hypersonic region this method serves as a complementary one to ultrasonics.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Brillouin, Ann. Phys. (Paris) 17, 88 (1922).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Chandrasekharan, Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci. 33A, 183 (1951);Google Scholar
- 2a.V. Chandrasekharan Proc. Natl. Inst. Sci. Ind. 19, 547 (1953).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Chapelle and L. Taurel, Compt. Rend. (Paris) 240, 743 (1955).Google Scholar
- 6.L. Cecchi, “Thesis”, University of Montpellier, France (1964).Google Scholar
- 9.E.G. Spencer, private communication.Google Scholar