Precise New High-P⊥2 Spin Measurements
I will discuss some experiments which study spin forces in high-P ⊥ 2 proton-proton elastic scattering by using a polarized proton target and sometimes a polarized proton beam. Recall that if both protons are unpolarized then one can only measure the differential elastic cross-section. If either the beam or the target is spin-polarized then one can measure the one-spin parameter A, which is called the analyzing power or the left-right asymmetry. If both the beam and the target are polarized then one can measure two-spin quantities such as Ann, the spin-spin correlation parameter. Recall that Ann, parametrizes the spin-spin force while A measures the spin-orbit force.
KeywordsMicrowave Posite Beryllium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /2/.H. DeKerret et al., Phys. Lett., 62B, 363 (1976);Google Scholar
- H. DeKerret et al., Phys. Lett., 68B, 374 (1977).Google Scholar
- /5/.S. M. Troshin and N. E. Tyurin, J. Phys., (Paris) 46, Colloq., C2235 (1985).Google Scholar
- /6/.K. J. Heller, Proc. of the 7th International Symposium on High Energy Spin Physics, 1986, ed. L. D. Soloviev, Vol. 1, 81 (Protvino, 1987 ).Google Scholar
- /8/.D. G. Crabb, UM HE 90–17.Google Scholar