Homeomorphic solutions of a Beltrami differential equation
This lecture concerns the existence and mapping properties of homeomorphic solutions of a Beltrami differential equation. During the last ten years, much attention has been devoted to various proofs of the existence theorem. These proofs have often been of independent interest, producing important side results. Thus it might be worth while to make again a few remarks of some of the methods recently applied in this connection.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ahlfors, L., and L. Bers: Riemann’s mapping theorem for variable metrics.Ann. Math. 72 (1960).Google Scholar
- Beurling, A., and L. Ahlfors: The boundary correspondence under quasiconformal mappings. Acta Math. 96 (1956).Google Scholar
- Bojarski, B. V.: ToMeoMopфHBle pemIIIeH CnCTeM BejibTpaMH. J\okji. Akqljs,.HayK CCCP 102 (1955).Google Scholar
- Morrey, C. B.: On the solution of quasilinear elliptic partial differential equations. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 43 (1938).Google Scholar
- Nevanlinna, R.: Über die Polygondarstellung einer Riemannschen Fläche.Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. 102 (1952).Google Scholar
- Sard, A.: The measure of the critical values of differentiable maps. Bull.Amer. Math. Soc. 48 (1942).Google Scholar
- Vekua, I. N.: Generalized analytic functions. London: Pergamon Press 1962.Google Scholar