Examination, preoperative care and selection of the anesthetic
Part of the Handbuch der Urologie / Encyclopedia of Urology / Encyclopédie d’Urologie book series (HDBUROL, volume 6)
This is similar to the examination required for open prostatic surgery (Vol.XIII). Examinations to determine the indications for endoscopic surgery are given in Chapter XVII.
KeywordsEndoscopic Surgery Urethral Catheterization Urethral Stricture Cardiac Decompensation Prostatic Surgery
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bergman, R. T., R. Turner, R. W. Barnes and H. L. Hadley: Comparative analysis of 1000 consecutive cases of transurethral prostatic resection. J. Urol. (Baltimore) 74, 533 to 545 (1955).Google Scholar
- Bumpus Jr. H. C., and B. D. Massey: Transurethral resection: Does it require as exacting a preoperative preparation as prostatectomy? Calif. west. Med. 46, 89–92 (1937).Google Scholar
- Creevy, C. D., and M. J. Feeney: Routine use of antibiotics in transurethral prostatic resection: A clinical investigation. J. Urol. (Baltimore) 71, 615–623 (1954).Google Scholar
- Ferrier, P. A.: Personal communications.Google Scholar
- Kreutzmann, H. A. R.: Improved suprapubic trocar and cannula. J. Urol. (Baltimore) 40, 341–342 (1938).Google Scholar
- Lawson, J. D., A. L. Schneeberg and W. B. Tomlinson: Observations of dynamics of acute urinary retention in man. J. Urol. (Baltimore) 67, 951–956 (1952).Google Scholar
- Lundy, J. S.: Choice of anesthetic methods for urologic operations in various age groups. J. Urol. (Baltimore) 67, 745–749 (1952).Google Scholar
- O’Heeron, M. K., A. W. Miles and M. G. Rape: Intraprostatic local anesthesia for transurethral prostatic resections. J. Urol. (Baltimore) 62, 231–244 (1949).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag OHG. Berlin · Göttingen · Heidelberg 1959