Abnormalities of the bladder neck and posterior urethra in the male
The vesical orifice may be contracted due to fibromuscular hyperplasia, to muscular hypertonia or to fibrosis. Each of these conditions may be either congenital or acquired, and may occur in either male or female children or adults. When the contracture is acquired it is usually a fibrous contracture, and is due to infection or is a sequela of operative procedures on the bladder neck.
KeywordsBladder Neck Lateral Lobe Middle Lobe Prostatic Urethra Urethral Wall
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Davies, J. A.: Echinococcus cyst arising from prostate. Canad. med. Ass. J. 54, 268–271 (1946).Google Scholar
- Emmett, J. L.: Obstruction of the vesical neck of a male infant produced by hypertrophy of the verumontanum: report of case. Proc. Mayo Clin. 15, 364–366 (1940).Google Scholar
- Hertoghe, C.: Peculiarities of vesical neck in Marion’s disease. J. beige Urol. 15, 774–775 (1947).Google Scholar
- Kearns, W. M., and E. B. Jacobson: A pediatric-urologic problem: congenital valves of posterior urethra with case report. Wis. med. J. 39, 603–606 (1940).Google Scholar
- Lattlmer, J. K.: Tuberculous prostatic urethritis: A suggestive diagnostic sign. J. Urol. (Baltimore) 59, 326–327 (1948).Google Scholar
- Lazarus, J. A.: Importance of routine cystoscopy in prostatism. J. Urol. (Baltimore) 55, 79–83 (1946).Google Scholar
- Lich Jr., R., and J. E. Maurer: Vesical evidence of posterolateral spinal cord disease. J. Urol. (Baltimore) 66, 213–217 (1951).Google Scholar
- Natanson, H.: Cystoscopy in nervous disease with special reference to Schramm’s spincter phenomenon. Z. Urol. 21, 821–833 (1927).Google Scholar
- Pena, A. de la, and E. de la Pena: Diverticular or cavitary chronic prostatitis. J. Urol. (Baltimore) 55, 273–277 (1946).Google Scholar
- Smith, L. O.: Lymphosarcoma of prostate. J. Urol. (Baltimore) 38, 375–382 (1937).Google Scholar
- Stegeman, W.: Misinterpretation of enlarged prostates gained through cystoscopy. J. Urot. (Baltimore) 57, 479–483 (1946).Google Scholar