Interactive Techniques for 3-D Shaded Graphics
Light Source Manipulation
These added capabilities coupled with traditional graphic techniques will greatly affect the man-machine interface of the next generation graphic systems.
By the end of the decade, their use will be widespread in such applications as 3-D medical and geophysical data interpretation, CAD/CAM, animation, technical illustration, architecture, and molecular modeling.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Requicha, A.A.G., Voelcker, H.B., “Solid Modeling: A Historical Summary and Contemporary Assessment”, IEE Computer Graphics, March 1982.Google Scholar
- 2.Newman, W.M., Sproull, R.F., Principle of Interactive Computer Graphics, McGraw-Hill, 1979.Google Scholar
- 3.Foley, J., van Dam, A., Fundamentals of Interactive Computer Graphics, Addison-Wesley, 1982.Google Scholar
- 4.Shoup, R., “Color Table Animation”, Computer Graphics, Volume 13, Number 2, August 1979.Google Scholar
- 5.Atherton, P., “A Method of Interactive Visualization of CAD Surface Models on A Color Video Display”, SIGGRAPH Proceedings 1981.Google Scholar