Multicriteria Evaluation Model of Public Transport Networks
This paper focuses on the use of multicriteria methods as a tool for adequate decision making in urban transportation management aiming at reorganising bus transit system. In particular, it presents the main problems faced in the topic of multicriteria evaluation models, taking into account the different objectives and impacts, considering, appropriate performance indicators related to environment, safety, efficiency, quality, etc. This analysis has been performed on the urban network of Parma, a medium size Italian city, assuming as reference situation the existing public transit network and proposing three alternative networks.
KeywordsTransportation Assure Alla Prefix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- DRIVE PROJECT VI036, “EVA Manual - Evaluation Process for Road Transport Informatics”, 1991.Google Scholar
- Nijkamp P. and van Delft A., “Multicriteria analysis and regional decision-making”in Studies in applied regional science, Vol. 8 Martinus Nijhoff Social Sciences Division Leiden, the Netherlands, 1977.Google Scholar
- Cascetta E. and Nuzzolo A., “Un modello di equilibrio domandaofferta per la simulazione dei sistemi di trasporto nelle aree urbane di medie dimensione”Proceedings of V Conference of PFT-CNR Napoli, Vol. I, I, 141–176, 1988.Google Scholar
- Henderson G., Kwong P. and Adkins H., “Regularity indexes for evaluating transit performance”TRB Record 1297, 1991.Google Scholar
- Bielli M., Gastaldi M. and Sica F., “Performance Evaluation in the Management of Urban Transportation Services”, Proceedings of 1st Meeting of the EURO Working Group on Urban Traffic and Transportation Landshut, Germany, 1992.Google Scholar
- Rostirolla P., “Tecniche di aiuto alia decisione per la V.I.A.: un’analisi comparata su di un caso studio”Proceedings of Second Conference of PFT2-CNR Vol. I, 157–172, 1995.Google Scholar
- Bielli M., Carotenuto P. and Gastaldi M. “Multicriteria evaluation of integrated urban traffic management system”Proceedings Of 2nd Meeting of the EURO Working Group on Urban Traffic and Transportation Paris, France, 337–348, 1993.Google Scholar
- Nijkamp P. and Voogd H., “Conservazione e sviluppo: la valutazione nella pianificazione fisica”, Girard L.F. (ed.), F. Angeli Editore.Google Scholar
- Voogd H. “Multicriteria Evaluation for Urban and Regional Planning”, Pergamon London, 1984Google Scholar
- Rietveld P. “Multiple Objective De’cision Methods and Regional Planning”North-Holland Amsterdam, 1980.Google Scholar
- Bobinger R., Flowerdew R., Hammond T., Himanen A. and Keller H. “Context and framework of Drive transportation evaluation”, Proceedings of Drive Conference, Brussels, Elsevier Amsterdam, 389–412, 1991.Google Scholar