Queuing Optimization of Signalized Intersections
The necessity to deal with several constraints, such as intergreen times, minimum green times, phase sequence, green wave constraints etc.
Complex non-polynomial optimization problems, especially for saturated and oversaturated conditions.
The difficulty to collect the data required to control an intersection at oversaturated conditions.
KeywordsLinear Programming Problem Traffic Signal Green Time Saturation Flow Highway Capacity Manual
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Akcelik, “The highway capacity manual delay formula for signalized intersections”, ITE Journal Vol. 58, No 3, pp.23–27, 1988.Google Scholar
- K.L. Bang, “Optimal control of isolated traffic signals”, Traffic Engineering and Control, Vo1.l7, pp.288–292, 1976.Google Scholar
- M.S. Bazaraa and C.M Shetty, “Nonlinear programming”, John Wiley & Sons, 1979.Google Scholar
- I. Catling, “A time dependent approach to junction delays”, Traffic Engineering and Control, Nov. 1977.Google Scholar
- G.C. D’ans and D.C. Gazis, “Optimal control of oversaturated storeand- forward transportation networks”, Transp. Science, Vol.10, No.1, pp.I-19, 1976.Google Scholar
- N.H. Gartner, “OPAC: A demand-responsive strategy for traffic signal control”, Transp. Research Record, No.906, pp.75–81, 1983.Google Scholar
- Highway Capacity Manual, Transp. Research Board, Special Report, No. 209, 1985.Google Scholar
- A.J. Mayne, “Traffic, signals for congested traffic”, Proc., Engineering Foundation Conference on Research Directions in Computer Control of Urban Traffic Systems, Calif., Feb. 1979.Google Scholar
- G.F. Newell, “Approximation methods for queues with application to the fixed-cycle traffic light”, SIAM Rev, No. 7, pp. 223–239, 965.Google Scholar
- F.V. Webster, “Traffic signal settings”, Road Research Technical Paper, No.39, Her Majesty’s Stationery Office, London, 1958.Google Scholar
- A. Ceder, I. Reshetbik, “Real-time queuing optimization for traffic signal systems”, paper submitted to Transportation Science Journal, 1995.Google Scholar