The History of Pediatric Radiology in Romania
An interest in diagnostic radiology in Romanian hospitals was already recorded in 1896, and in 1897, the first X-ray apparatus was installed at the Military Hospital in Bucharest. Dr Dan Gerota started working with this equipment in 1899. In 1896, several X-ray machines were set up in Iasi through the initiative and effort of Prof. Dr. Hurmusache. By 1925, X-ray equipment was available in some big city hospitals (Brasov, Craiova, Oradea, Sighişoara).