Cyclotron Resonance in the Wigner-Solid Regime
Cyclotron resonance (CR) of high mobility 2D electron systems (2DEG) in the extreme quantum limit has been studied. Below a critical filling factor (vc≈1/10) an additional CR line is observed at the high energy side of the conventional CR. The temperature behaviour of the two CR absorptions can be described within a two level model. A total condensation into the novel state occurs at temperatures below 1K. The new phase can be interpreted as a magnetically induced Wigner crystal.
KeywordsFilling Factor Carrier Density Cyclotron Resonance Critical Magnetic Field Inversion Channel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. E. Lozovik, V. I. Yudson, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 22, 26 (1975); [JETP Lett. 22, 11 (1975)].Google Scholar
- D. C. Glattli, G. Deville, V. Duburcq, F. I. B.Williams, E. Pans, B. Etienne, E. Y. Andrei, Surf. Sci. 229, 344 (1990).Google Scholar
- H. Buhmann, W. Joss, K. v. K.itzing, I. V. Kukushkin, A. S. Plaut, G. Martinez, K. Ploog, V. B. Timofeev, Phys. Rev. Lea. 66, 926 (1991).Google Scholar
- F. P. Ulinich, N. A. Usov, Sov. Phys. JET? 49, 147 (1979).Google Scholar
- B. Lehndorff, C. Vosloh, T. Guenzler, K. Dransfeld, to be published in Surf. Sci..Google Scholar