Recent Progress in Epitaxial Growth of SiC
Recent progress in epitaxial growth of SiC in the author’s group is surveyed. Growth of 3C-SiC on a Si substrate, a typical success in heteroepitaxial growth with large lattice mismatch, is briefly reviewed. Step-controlled epitaxy of α-SiC, which the author’s group named and is a key technology for future development, is discussed in detail. Growth mechanism and effects of off-direction and off-angle are described. As an advanced epitaxial growth, atomic level control in SiC crystal growth by gas source MBE is given.
KeywordsMigration Quartz Graphite Carbide Recombination
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. B.Campbell and H. C. Chang, Semiconductors and Semi-metals 7 (Academic Press, 1971 ) p. 625.Google Scholar
- 2.E. Pettenpaul, W. von Muench and G. Ziegler, Inst. Phys. Conf. Ser. No.53 ( The Inst. Physics, 1980 ) p. 21.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Matsunami, Thin Films from Free Atoms and Particles (Academic Press, 1985 ) p. 301.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Matsunami, Optoelectronics-Devices and Technologies, 2 (1987) 29.Google Scholar
- 5.H. Matsunami, S. Nishino and H. Ono, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices ED-28 (1981) 1235.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Matsunami, Heterostructures on Silicon; One Step Further with Silicon (Kluwer Academic Publisher, 1989 ) p. 311.Google Scholar
- 10.K. Shibahara, S. Nishino and H. Matsunami, Appl. Phys. Lett., 50 (1987) 1888.Google Scholar
- 12.N. Kuroda, K. Shibahara, W. S. Yoo, S. Nishino and H. Matsunami, Ext. Abstr. 19th Conf. Solid State Devices and Materials (Tokyo, 1987 ) p. 227.Google Scholar
- 14.T. Kimoto, H. Nishino and H. Matsunami, to be submitted.Google Scholar
- 17.A. Yamashita, W. S. Yoo, T. Kiraoto and H. Matsunami, to be submitted.Google Scholar
- 20.T. Yoshinobu, I. Izumikawa, H. Mitsui, T. Fuyuki and H. Matsunami, Appl. Phys. Letters, to be published.Google Scholar