Peripheral Waves in the Scattering by Spherical Shells
We present here the results of applying resonance scattering theory to the problem of a plane acoustic wave scattering from a spherical shell with moderate thickness (with h = 1/32) and from a thick-walled shell (with h = 1/10). The computations have been carried out and analyzed in a broad frequency band (0 ≤ x ≤ 400) and for large orders of resonances (n ≲ 100). Attention is focused on the Lamb-type peripheral waves S j and A j (j = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4). The role of the so-called hidden resonances is elucidated.
KeywordsResonance Frequency Dispersion Curve Versus Versus Versus Spherical Shell Modal Resonance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 10.2N.D. Veksler: Phase velocities of the Lamb-type and Stoneley-type waves in the problem of acoustic wave scattering on a hollow elastic sphere. Akust. Zh. 37, 42–45 (1991) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 10.3N.D. Veksler: Scattering of an acoustic wave by an elastic sphere. Proc. Estonian Acad. Sci., Phys. Math. 39, 133–138 (1990) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 10.5N.D. Veksler: Analysis of the frequency dependence of plane pressure wave scattering by an elastic tube. Acoust. Lett. 12, 21–27 (1988)Google Scholar
- 10.6N.D. Veksler: The analysis of peripheral waves in the problem of plane acoustic pressure wave scattering by a circular cylindrical shell. Acustica 69, 63–72 (1989)Google Scholar
- 10.7J.D. Kaplunov: On the integration of equations of a dynamic boundary-layer. Trans. Acad. Sci. USSR, Mekh. Tverd. Tela. 148–160 (1990)Google Scholar
- 10.8N.D. Veksler, J.D. Kaplunov, V.M. Korsunskii: Asymptotic formulas for resonance frequencies in the scattering of an acoustic wave from a cylindrical shell at normal incidence. Akust. Zh. 36, 399–404 (1990)Google Scholar
- 10.9N.D. Veksler: Ultrasonic scattering from cylindrical and spherical shells. Proc. Inst. Acoust. 12, 799–807 (1990)Google Scholar