The Microscopic Characteristics of Impurity-Hydrogen Complexes in III-V Semiconductors
Impurity-hydrogen complexes in III-V hosts are more complicated than in Si due to the presence of two sublattices in the compound materials. There are simply more possible sites for impurities and more configurations that are possible for complex defects. Vibrational spectroscopy is well suited to the determination of the microscopic characteristics of H impurity complexes in the m-V semiconductors [6.1-3] just as it is in Si. Uniaxial stress techniques have also been fruitfully applied. Essentially all of the information on the configuration of H-impurity complexes in the IH-V′s has been derived from infrared-absorption data. At present, there is only one theoretical study of impurity-H complexes [6.4]. In this chapter, recent work on the IR absorption, configurations, and H motions for hydrogen-impurity complexes will be surveyed.
KeywordsPlasma Exposure Infrared Absorption Spectrum Trigonal Symmetry Liquid Encapsulate Czochralski Stress Splitting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.1B. Pajot: In Impurities, Defects mid Diffusion in Semiconductors: Bulk and Layered Structures, ed. by D.F. Wolford, J. Bernhole, E.E. Hailer (MRS, Pittsburgh 1990) p.465Google Scholar
- 6.3B. Pajot: In Shallow Impurities in Semiconductors 1988, ed. by B. Monemar (IOP, Bristol 1989) p.437Google Scholar
- 6.4P. Briddon, R. Jones: In Shallow Impurities in Semiconductors, ed. by B. Monemar (IOP, Bristol 1989) p.459Google Scholar
- 6.9J. Chevallier, B. Pajot, A. Jalil, R. Mostefaoui, R. Rahbi, M.C. Boissy: In Defects in Electronic Materials, ed. by M. Stavola, S.J. Pearton, G. Davies (MRS, Pittsburgh 1988) p.337Google Scholar
- 6.10G. Herzberg: Spectra of Diatomic Molecules, 2nd edn. (Van Nostrand, New York 1950)Google Scholar
- 6.13D.M. Kozuch, M. Stavola, S.J. Pearton, C.R. Abernathy, J. Lopata: In Impurities, Defects and Diffusion in Semiconductors: Bulk and Layered Structures, ed. by D.F. Wolford, J. Bernhole, E.E. Haller (MRS, Pittsburgh 1990) p.477Google Scholar
- 6.19A. Amore-Bonapasta, A. Lapiccirella, N. Tamassini, M. Capizzi: In Defects in Semiconductors 75, ed. by G. Ferenczi (Trans Tech, Aedermannsdorf 1989) p.1051Google Scholar
- 6.24B. Clerjaud, D. Côte, M. Krause, C. Naud: In Defects in Electronic Materials, ed. by M. Stavola, S.J. Pearton, G. Davies (MRS, Pittsburgh 1988) p.341Google Scholar
- 6.27B. Clerjaud, private communicationGoogle Scholar
- 6.31G.G. DeLeo: private communicationGoogle Scholar
- 6.32D.M. Kozuch, M. Stavola, S.J. Pearton, J. Lopata: unpublishedGoogle Scholar