Theory of Hydration Forces
We give a mini-review of main ideas and results of a new theory of interaction between hydrophilic surfaces which describes the observable features of repulsive hydration forces and studies the conditions for a crossover from repulsion to attraction with the variation of system parameters.
KeywordsWater Film Decay Length Hydration Force Partial Structure Factor Water Film Thickness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chem.Scripta 25 (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.R.P. Rand and V.A. Parsegian, BBA 988, 351 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.B.V. Derjaguin and N.V. Churaev, in Fluid Interfacial Phenomena, edited by C.A. Croxton (Wiley, New York, 1986), p.633Google Scholar
- 5.D.W.R. Gruen, S. Mareelja, and V.A. Parsegian, in Cell Surface Dynamics, edited by A.S. Perelson, C. Delisi and F.W. Wiegel (Marcel Dekker, New York, 1984), p.59.Google Scholar
- 11.A.A. Kornyshev, D.A. Kossakowski and S. Leikin, to be published (1991).Google Scholar
- 12.G. Cevc and A.A. Kornyshev, to be published (1991).Google Scholar
- 13.V. Kabanovich, A.A. Kornyshev, D.A. Kossakowski and V.B. Priezzhev, in progress.Google Scholar