Structural Reliability Analysis by Stochastic Dependence Models and Matriceal Techniques
After an outline of the concept of stochastic (probabilistic / statistical) dependence and of the corresponding models for the structural reliability analysis, two algorithms are presented which may be used in the reliability analysis / seismic risk assessment of structures whose failure can be represented in terms of chains of component or elementary failures. Both of them involve specific matriceal techniques.
KeywordsFailure Mode Fragility Curve Structural Reliability Component Failure Probabilistic Risk Assessment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kaplan, S.: A Method for Handling Dependencies and Partial Dependencies of Fragility Curves in Seismic Risk Analysis. Transactions SMiRT 8 Int.Conf., Brussels 1985, Vol.M, 595–600.Google Scholar
- Apostolakis, G.: The Concept of Dependence in PSA. Trans.SMiRT10Int.Conf., Anaheim 1989, Vol.P, 19–24.Google Scholar
- Thoft-Christensen, P.: Reliability Analysis of Structural Systems by the ß -Unzipping Method. Structural Reliability Theory, Paper No.3, Instituttet for Bygningsteknik, Aalborg Univ. 1984, 1–72.Google Scholar
- Vulpe, A. & Cârâusu, A.: Structural Reliability Assessment by Minimal Representations in a Mechanism Approach. Proc. 2nd IFIP WG Conf., London 1988, L.N.in Engineering 48, Springer V., 385–399.Google Scholar
- Vulpe, A. & Cârâu$u, A.: An Integrated Technique for the Seismic Probabilistic Risk Assessment of Structural Systems. Trans. SMiRT 10 Int.Conf., Anaheim 1989, Vol.P, 169–174.Google Scholar
- Vulpe, A. & Cârâu9u, A.: Matriceal Approaches to Reliability Eve luation of Structures with Progressive Failure. Proc.Fifth International Symp.on Numerical Methods in Engineering, Lausanne 1989 (to appear in Computational Mechanics Publications, Southampton).Google Scholar
- Vulpe, A. & Cârâusu, A.: Probabilistic Safety Assessment of Strutures Sequentially Failing. Trans. SMiRT 11 Int.Conf., Tokyo 1991, Vol. M (+SDO), 175–180.Google Scholar
- Apostolakis, G.: On the Concept of Dependence in Probabilistic Safety Analysis and Reliability. Accelerated Life Testing and Expert’s Opinions in Reliability. Ed.Compositori - Bologna,1988, CII Corso, 97–105.Google Scholar
- George, L.L., Guarro, S.B., Prassinos, P.G. & Wells, J.E.: “SEISIM=’ Systematic Evaluation of Important Safety Improvement Measures, User Manual,UCID-20496, Lawrence Livermore National Lab.,CA 1985Google Scholar
- Ravindra, M.K. & Tiong, L.W.: Comparison of Methods for Seismic Risk Quantification. Trans.SMiRT 10, Anaheim 1989,Vol.P,187–192.Google Scholar
- Ravindra,M.K. & Johnson,J.J.: Seismically Induced Common Cause Failures in PSA of NPP.Trans.SMiRT 11, Tokyo 1991,Vo1.M, 85–90.Google Scholar