Electronic Structure of Electron- and Hole-Doped 3d Transition-Metal Oxides
Many 3d transition-metal oxides can be doped with electrons or holes and can be made metallic. We investigate the electronic structure of pseudo-ternary oxides in the charge-transfer and Mott-Hubbard regimes by photoemission, inverse photoemission, and x-ray absorption spectroscopy. In most cases, mid gap-states are formed upon carrier doping whereas in some cases they are not. Both electron correlation and impurity potential play an important role in the formation of mid-gap states.
KeywordsFerro Santen Hongo
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Zaanen, G.A. Sawatzky and J.W. Allen, Phys. Rev. Lett. 55, 418.Google Scholar
- 2.A.E. Bocquet, A. Fujimori, T. Mizokawa and H. Namatame, submitted to Phys. Rev. B.Google Scholar
- 3.T. Mizokawa, H. Namatame, A. Fujimori, K. Akeyama, H. Kondoh, H. Kuroda, and N. Kosugi, submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Eskes and G.A. Sawatzky, submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett.Google Scholar
- 6.W. Stephan and P. Horsch, in Dynamics of Magnetic Fluctuations in High Temperature Superconductors, edited by G. Reiter, P. Horsch, and G. Psaltakis (Plenum, New York, 1990).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Eisaki, S. Uchida, H. Namatame, A. Fujimori, J. van Elp, P. Kuiper, G. A. Sawatzky, S. Hosoya, and H. Katayama-Yoshida, submitted to Phys. Rev. B.Google Scholar
- 11.A. Fujimori, I. Hase, H. Namatame, T. Fujishima, Y. Tokura, M. Nakamura, M. Abbate, F.M.F. de Groot, and J.C. Fuggle, unpulished.Google Scholar
- 14.A. Fujimori and H. Namatame, Physica C, to be published.Google Scholar
- 16.A. E. Bocquet, A. Fujimori, H. Namatame, S. Suga, N. Kimizuka, Y. Takeda, and M. Takano, submitted to Phys. Rev. B.Google Scholar
- 18.M. Abbate, F.M.F. de Groot, J.C. Fuggle, A. Fujimori, M. Takano, Y. Take-da, H. Eisaki, S. Uchida, O. Strebel, F. Lopez, M. Domke, G. Kaindl, and G.A. Sawatzky, unpublished.Google Scholar
- 19.M. Abbate, F. M. F. de Groot, J. C. Fuggle, A. Fujimori, Y. Fujishima, Y. Tokura, J. van Elp, G. A. Sawatzky, O. Strebel, M. Domke, G. Kaindl, M. Sacchi, and N. Tsuda, Phys. Rev. B, in press.Google Scholar
- 26.K. Kawakami, Y. Sakai, and N. Tsuda, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 55, 3174 (1986).Google Scholar