Control of Electronic and Physical Structure Through Modification of the Synthesis and Processing in Precursor-Route Poly(arylene vinylene) Polymers
We present work which has been directed towards the understanding of the factors which affect the degree of order and orientation in the family of conjugated polymers based on poly(phenylene vinylene). We have found that by increasing the bulk of the leaving group and/or the rigidity of precursor polymers to poly(phenylene vinylene) the intra-chain order increases whereas the inter-chain order decreases. This has allowed us to prepare poly(phenylene vinylene)s which have more one-dimensional character.
KeywordsAnisotropy Phenylene Oligomer Vinylene Methoxy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.N. McDonald, T.W. Campbell: J. Chem. Soc. 82, 4669 (1970)Google Scholar
- 2.R.A. Wessling, R.G. Zimmerman: U.S. Patent 3, 401, 152 (1968)Google Scholar
- 6.P.L. Burn, D.D.C. Bradley, A.R. Brown, R.H. Friend, A.B. Holmes: Synth. Met. in pressGoogle Scholar
- 7.P. L. Burn, D.D.C. Bradluy,A. R. Brown, R. H. Friend, D. A. Halliday, A.B. Holmes: unpublished resultsGoogle Scholar
- 8.S. Tokito, P. Smith, A.J. Heeger: Polymer 32, 469Google Scholar