Advanced Communication Technology and OSI Oriented Academic Network TAINS
Recognizing the profound impact of communication technology on the progress of human civilisation, a major thrust in research and development in this area is being made all over the globe. In this paper, glimpses of the rapid strides that are are being made in this direction, in Japan, are presented. In the first part the various technological developments, such as VLSI, optical devices & communication, computer systems, ISDN etc., which have a direct or indirect bearing on communication technology is reported. In the second part a pioneering step in the direction of a futuristic information exchange network — an OSI oriented large scale academic network- TAINS, which utilizes the advanced communication technology and concepts, is described.
KeywordsTransportation GaAs Coupler
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Fujita et.al. A 10Gb/s -100Km Optical Fiber Transmission Experiment Using a High Speed MQW DFB-LD and A Bach Illuminated InGaAs-APD in Topical meeting on Picosecond Electronics and Optoelectronics, Salt Lake City, March 1989.Google Scholar
- S. Suzuki et.al. HDTV Photonic Space Division Switching System Using 8 ß 8 Polarization Independent LiNbO3 Matrix Switches in Topical meeting on Picosecond Electronics and Optoelectronics, Salt Lake City, March 1989.Google Scholar
- NEC Report 64 Bit, 25 MIPS SPARC,in Nikkei Electronics 1989.4.3.Google Scholar
- M. Abe et. al. Ultra-High Speed HEMT LSI Technology,in Fujitsu Sci. Tech. J. 24.4. Dec 1989.Google Scholar
- Matsushita, News Japanese - English Interpreter, Matsushita Electric Exhibition of Technology, Technical Report April, 1989.Google Scholar
- Y. Harafuji et.al. C and C - NET LOOP 6560 400Mbps Optical Loop LAN for Multi-media Service in Intelligent Buildings in NEC Tech J. Vol. 42 No. 2/1989.Google Scholar
- M. Hirose et.al. Development of 410 Mbps Multi-media Highway in National Convention Record of the Electronics Information and Communication Society April, 1989.Google Scholar
- Report of NTT International Symposium in Tokyo, 1988.Google Scholar