Dislocation of the knee is the most severe form of ligamentous knee injury that involves rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). The knee is said to be dislocated when the tibial and femoral articular surfaces have lost contact with each other or may have lost contact based on an existing instability. Knee dislocations are designated anterior or posterior according to the direction of tibial displacement with respect to the femur. Other forms such as medial, lateral, or rotary are far less common and are often combined with anterior or posterior dislocation.
KeywordsIschemia Torque Immobilization Resid Dium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Geneste R, Senegas J, Gautier D, Liorzou G (1972) Les luxations traumatiques du genou. Bordeaux Med 16: 2051–2058Google Scholar
- Green NE, Allen BL (1977) Vascular injuries associatet with dislocation of the knee. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 59 236–239Google Scholar
- Jacobson K (1974) Area intercondylaris tibiae: Osseous surface structure and its relation to soft tissue structures and applications to radiography. J Anat 117/3: 605–618Google Scholar
- Kennedy JC (1963) Complete dislocation of the knee joint. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 45: 889–904Google Scholar
- Meyers MH, Harvey JP (1971) Traumatic dislocation of the knee joint. J Bone and Joint Surg [Am] 53: 16–29Google Scholar
- O’Donoghue DH (1960) Surgical treatment of injuries to the knee. Clin Orthop 18:11–36Google Scholar
- Prafull V et al. (1975) Civilian arterial injuries. New York Medical collegeGoogle Scholar
- Salter R. Field P (1960) The effect of continuous compression on living articular cartilage. Bone Joint Surg [Am] 42: 31–49Google Scholar
- Staubli H-U, Noesberger B, Jakob RP (1983) The drawer sign of the knee in extension. A prospective study. Orthop Trans 7/3: 585Google Scholar
- Taylor AR, Arden GP, Rainey HA (1972) Traumatic dislocation of the knee. J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 54: 96–102Google Scholar
- Thomsen PB, Rud Bjarne, Jensen UH (1984) Stability and motion after traumatic dislocation of the knee. Acta Orthop Scand 55: 276–283Google Scholar
- Tscherne H, Gotzen L (1983) Fraktur und Weichteilschaden. Hefte Unfallheilkd 162Google Scholar