In the past, the interest of physicists in metals has focused on the properties of their relatively free electrons, including electrical and thermal conductivity, and their magnetic properties. More recently, it has appeared that the properties of small clusters of metal atoms could be even more interesting to chemists since they can be powerful catalysts.
KeywordsMetal Atom Valence Electron Morse Potential Alkali Metal Atom Powerful Catalyst
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Flügge S 1970 Practical Quantum Mechanics I, Springer BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Löwdin P O 1956 Phil Mag Supp 5: 1Google Scholar
- West J M. 1980 Basic corrosion and oxidation, Ellis Horwood ChichesterGoogle Scholar
- Edwards P P and Sienko M J 1978 Phys Rev B17 2575Google Scholar
- Hume-Rothery W 1969 Structure of Metals and Alloys, Inst of Metals LondonGoogle Scholar